Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15, 2010

Night Train to Munich

Attending:
  • Marty
  • Kristi
  • DL
  • Adam

Dinner:
  • Enormous steaks
  • Potatoes gratin
  • Salad with bacon vinaigrette dressing

I'm going to start cataloging the wines we have as well, as that's become a big part of the Movie Night experience.  This week:


Charles Krug 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon.  Excellent, hearty and rich and complex.  Generally agreed to be a solid 9.
337 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon. Another good table wine, not quite as distinctive as the Krug.  At $16, I think we can do significantly better for the price.

Marlborough "Cupcake" 2009 Sauvignon Blanc.  This was a wonder, light and fruity but not cloying the way a Sauvignon Blanc can be.  One sip and I said "It's like I'm at a fancy lawn-party in the springtime."

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

I think my gf will like the cupcake wine... ok, fine it's for me

A said...

Van: Just for future reference, we very rarely spend more than $20 on a bottle. Usually in the $12-15 range, and Coppola's Rosso and Bianco (both movie night staples, nearly always on hand) are ass-kicking price performers at $9 each.